Sunday, April 29, 2012

Nirvana - Nevermind Cover Shoot

I was a huge Nirvana fan growing up so when I stumbled across this article I was pretty excited.

Kurt asleep on the side of the pool early in the morning of the shoot:


http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/09/exclusive_interview_with_nirva.php

The article talks about the photographer, Kirk Weddle, capturing the cover image for the Nevermind album.  I consider it to be one of the greatest album covers ever made.  You can actually pick up a limited edition print of the original image for $600 on www.rockpaperphoto.com.

Here's the cover:



Here's the baby on the cover all grown up:


Its got to feel good to capture an image that has that much of an impact.  Maybe someday I'll know.  BTW that album changed rock and roll forever.

1 comment:

Concert Photographer said...

Great post! Loved seeing the behind-the-scenes shot of him sleeping; cool to see how the kid has grown up. Thanks for sharing!