Monday, February 20, 2012

Ira Glass - Phases of Disappointment

Here's Ira Glass speaking on the phase of disappointment.  Its good to hear that someone who became successful as Ira did, went through a lot of the same struggles that I go through.  The thing that stuck out to me, and it's in line with The War of Art, was that he says, (and I'm paraphrasing) "Even when your work falls short of where you want it to be, you have to continue working and do a large volume of work."  It's the process of working and working in bunches that gets your work to that professional level. I hope you can gain something from this conversation as I did.


Ira Glass on Storytelling from David Shiyang Liu on Vimeo.



2 comments:

hannah said...

This is exactly what I needed to hear this morning.Awesome.

David Sowers said...

Glad it was an inspiration to you Hannah. Its nice to hear other peoples struggles and stories sometimes.