Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Not So Technical Tuesday - Valentine's Day

This post is more a series of thoughts than technical by any means.  Come on...its Valentine's Day!  My wife wanted to surprise me tonight and not let me in on what the plan was for the date.  She succeeded.  First she kept me distracted while we were driving so I wouldn't pay attention at all to where we were.  And when we pulled around the back of the building and there was no signage she had me again.  So we entered this hallway on the back side of the building and this was the first thing I saw:


You can imagine my dismay.  However that black door on the right was the actual entrance.  At this point I was laughing so hard I was sure this was a joke.  Then I saw this and it totally made up for it:


Seriously!  A giant mustache over the entrance.  Are you kidding me.  Perhaps the single greatest piece of decor that I have ever seen.  She took me to a great little pub here in Stockton, called the Abbey.  The food was amazing...


...and the laughs continued.  Bryony ordered a "Mexican Coke", fully expecting something exotic and fun, but what she got was literally a Coca Cola Classic made in Mexico.  How great is that?


Bryony thought that was hillarious and so did I.  Doesn't she look beautiful?  This is our 10th Valentine's day to celebrate together.  Two dating and eight married.  Time really flies.


I loved her jewelry selection for the night.


Yeah that's my name on her heart.  Pretty cool huh.  I bought her the hot pink necklace for V-day.  She said she liked it.  She wore it.  I believe her.  Here I am with my smorgasbord of food.  Tri-tip sandwich, potato salad and raw oysters.  I told her oysters were like sushi only really squishy.  She still didn't want to try.  I thought I made them sound amazing.  Hmmm, more for me.


We finished dinner off with these "Fried Dough Fries".  They were incredible as expected.  Serious side effect though...bodily enlargement.  Not gonna lose any weight eating these bad boys.  Especially when I'm dipping them in that chocolate sauce.


Here is the sign I missed on the way in.  I guess the joke was on me.  Thank you baby for a great night out.  I love you so very very much and can't wait to spend a lifetime of February 14th's with you!



No comments: