Saturday, December 10, 2011

12/09/2011 - My Family's Visit To CA

My parents, who don't fly all that often, came out to visit us a few weeks ago.  I was so excited they were coming, they were much less excited about flying.  But they did it anyway and boy were they glad they did! (and me too)

The young happy couple.


Took this at Apple Hill east of Folsom, CA.  Its a great place to spend a day, with all the different orchards to go to.


We love trees!


Hey, seriously why isn't this big horse moving?


Don't even try to hold me now Papa, I got apples to eat!


That's a good looking pair.  It's weird because Lincoln looks so much like I did when I was a baby.


What you've never heard of hay slides?


What's in the bag mom?  You're holding it like you stole it.




Wow.


Looks like he belongs on stage.


I love that the other kid can't figure out what's going on.  Just give my kids a platform and they are sure to perform.


Orchard portrait.


"Can I help you up the little hill old man?"  Lincoln watch your mouth!


Papa loves Scout.


Ughh?!?!?!


So excited he was in tears.  Maybe it wasn't excitement but we made him ride the horse anyways.


Waiting patiently for her turn.


Me and Papa Bear.  He seemed so much bigger when I was a kid.


Took my parents on a decent little hike, Scout was in heaven right here.


Me and my boy.  My wife's a pretty good photographer.


Three generations of good looking


 She literally couldn't contain her joy, it was awesome.


Back in the valley now, its really beautiful here too.


Hanging out at Phillips Farm like a bunch f old ladies on a front porch.


My wife and her daddy.


Not sure what was so funny, maybe it was me, but apparently it was hysterical.


Lavender fields, it smelled incredible.




Me.


The olives don't taste as good straight off the tree do they Link?


Dad.


 Brit.


So pretty.


He's starting to get sleepy.


Out.





Yeah that's my wife!


Sisters.


Like a little monkey on her auntie.


 This portrait is awesome, thanks auntie (I set it up though)!


The in-laws having there portrait made.


Had a blast at the farm, even played a little bean bag toss.


End of night push up pop.  Lincoln will never forget Nana.


Last morning together and the kids are living it up.  They sure do love there grandparents.



We were so blessed to have my parents come and visit, I hope they come back soon.  We love you mom and dad, Papa and Nana.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it - love it - love it. What a great storyteller you are. the Orchard portrait was awesome. Also Lincoln on the horse... there are just too many great shots here!! Keep them coming ;-)

Linda Higgins said...

What wonderful family pictures David, Love um!