Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas 2011 - Again

As I sit here writing the final post for this year, I have to say I feel like  I really achieved something personally.  I wrote 36 consecutive blog posts, this one included.  I can't say there have been a whole lot of things in my life that I did for that many days straight.  And you know what?  It feels good, almost empowering.  I'm looking forward to the next year and to what God has for me.  I hate to make new years resolutions but I'm going to anyways.  I'm pretty sure I made mine on thanksgiving, my new years resolution is to post on this blog every day, and every day do something in, about or around photography. Simple right?  We'll see.  But I'm going to give it my best shot.

I pray you set new goals tonight and attack them with everything you have.  Luck, though it doesn't exist in the form we commonly think of, is nothing more than preparing yourself with the right tools for when an opportunity presents its self.  Seize the moment.  Lean forward.

We had to postpone our Christmas with my wife's family, due to many reasons, from the weekend of the 17th to the weekend of the 30th.  I'm glad we did.  It stretched our holidays out one more weekend and I love Christmas.  Though sitting here waiting for the proverbial ball to drop on this year, I'm glad its all over and I have a couple of days to recuperate.

Here are some images from the final Christmas party of 2011:

Evy found Lincoln's new rocking horse.


Bryson found some crazy pills.


Circling the wagons to listen to Grammy read the Christmas story.  Jake is about to ninja kick Evy in the back.  For real.


Scout is waiting so patiently in her new recliner.  Easy to do when you're that relaxed.


Grammy has begun reading the story of Christ's birth.


And the chaos begins.


Not sure what I did to warrant these looks, but the gang is headed for me.  Seriously feels like I just stepped into "The Children of the Corn".


Not sure anyone is actually listening to Grammy at this point.


Certainly not Poppy.  Note to Grammy: Next year read a shorter version ;)


This is Bryden, he's Bryson and Charity's baby boy.  He's precious and boy does he love Uncle David. He's the only kid I know that I can bring to tears by just walking in the room.  He doesn't take his eyes off of me for fear something terrible will happen.  New new years resolution, make Bryden love me!


Angel got a KNEX roller coaster set, he's pretty excited about it.  And for the record that thing is already built and functioning tonight.



Jacob got a hat that bore a strange resemblance to a rooster.


Jake thanked Scout for it.  Scout acted a whole lot like a rooster when he gave her a hug.  Easy Scout.


Evy got a Fancy Nancy dress.


So she immediately put it on.  Doesn't she look beautiful?


Bryson and Charity ordered me the book Hard Ground.  I've been wanting this book for a long time and Charity apparently had to stalk my facebook page to find out what I wanted and that was one of the only things I ever posted about wanting.  Go figure.  I'm holding the receipt for the book, because I wasn't the only person who wanted it, it was on back order for weeks.  Thank you so much for the book, you guys couldn't have done any better.


Bryony got a beautiful gift basket from Amy, with all kinds of pretty things.


I gave the gift of photography to Brandon, with a DIY pinhole camera.  I may have been more excited about this than he was.


Link could care less what he got, he's just a happy kid.  And yes that's a real smile.


Jake rocking that sweet hat.  You look good nephew.


Grammy is literally in heaven right here.  A bunch of her grand babies laying on her; it doesn't get much better.


Scout refusing to believe that the lights are going out and its really time for bed.  Sorry baby, Christmas will come next year and you'll be bigger and I'll be older and that will be one less Christmas that I get to spend with you.  You'll grow up and start a family of your own and Christmas with dad won't be so important.  I love you like crazy and don't ever forget that.  These are the best years of my life honey.


At the end of the night I think Evy, in her own little way, was trying to get all of us to remember what the season was all about.  Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour.


We had an amazing holiday season with so many things to be thankful for.  I look forward to sharing more memories with you this coming year.  God bless you all.

3 comments:

Bryony S said...

Great job babe, I am so proud of you! I cannot wait for 2012 to begin.

DianaFay said...

Congrats on 4000.
Love ya Mom

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

The image of you is onheld the coolest-- the light, the look, the brothers (-in-law). Cool.

And Evy... Yep. Unforgettable image. In her fancy dress no less.

But your thoughts about Scout, we're there. At 50. Married 30. One girl's single, living in Mo. The other's married, living with a hairy-legged boy who loves her like all get-out. We love him like all get-out, too. True, sir: These are the best years for a young dad.

Happy New Year!