Saturday, December 17, 2011

What Keeps People Going?

I'm now on day 23 of a 365 day quest to blog every day.  And I have to say that its a struggle every day to get a post up.  Between working, helping to get the kids fed, bathed and ready for bed, its really difficult.  But none the less I am committed to this blog and I am going to post every day.  The cool thing is, I started this blog on November 25th, so my last blog will be on Thanksgiving day next year.  That will be something to give thanks for!

Over the last few weeks of doing this blog, and quietly complaining to myself about having to do it, I think about all the other people who have done a photo a day for a year or a poem a day, or whatever it might be.  The point is that a lot of people have made this commitment and made it to the end and it has literally changed some peoples lives.

I'm not necessarily expecting it to change my life, but I am expecting good things from it.  I'm expecting to learn more about my craft, I'm expecting to grow more confident in the photographer I am and the style I have.  And they say it takes 23 days to build a habit and only 3 to break one.  Hopefully the habit has been built for me.

I'm really excited about doing this blog and I know some days will have less meat to the posts, even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while.  That's all I hope to do.  Occasionally deliver something worth while that keeps you guys interested in what I have to share.

So with that I'll leave you with a link to another blog and a simple question, do you love anything enough to commit to it for a year just to see what happens.  Hugh Crawford took a Polaroid a day for roughly 18 years, that's commitment.  Check out his project and be sure to look at the very last image, http://addresszero.com/photo-of-that-day/.

A few of Hugh's Polaroids:



18 years makes 1 year look pretty easy, thanks Mr. Crawford.


No comments: