Monday, December 5, 2011

The Challenge - 12/05/2011 - Santa Rosa Trip

We had a blast in Santa Rosa this weekend.  It was exhausting at times with 4 kids running crazy through the house and through the hills but thats what family is all about, right?  Here are some of my favorite shots from the weekend:

"Check out my backpack its for hiking", still not sure what Jake had in there?


Which one do you think actually cares about being up on that wall?


The explorer


Way too pretty to be hiking up here


These are awesome!  (Not sure what "these" were or where he got them)


Uncle David can climb higher than you!


"I'm gonna hit you with this stick!"

Another tree to climb.


This looks like a good place to rest.


I'm jumping out! (2 foot fall)


"Does my hand look good here, how are my nails?"

Unbelievable light, less believable climber.


Dead deer and Scout felt the need to pick up his dome!


His dome.


The living deer went that way!


Another tree, this one was similar to the deer...dead.


Conqueror, seriously looks like a conquistador.


"I'm running from Jake!" (Jake not interested)

Grass?


Jake, "there was a little deer and a big deer here", Scout, "my belly is cold".


Beautiful.


Good place to stop.


That hoodie is so small on Scout!  It looks like its squeezing her head out of it.


One happy camper, just one.


Its pie time!  Amy is an incredible baker and she killed an apple pie just for me, seriously.


Waiting patiently for her slice.


Post dessert, now we can have lunch...not as interested in that hot dog is she?


Amy makes hoodies for really little people.


A beautiful day for a walk with the family.


Lincoln thought this would be a good time to run away, while Bryony was focused on smiling ;)


But he decided not to go very far.


Stop Sucking your thumb Scout, thats what babies do!


No.


Dad look what's on my finger!


As close to a family portrait as we get.


Scout, "I don't want to climb anymore trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


The front of Amy and Brandon's new home.  Beautiful isn't it?


Evy, "Lincoln climb in here and I'll push you (in baby talk)."  Lincoln, "OK (also in baby talk)."  Moments later crying ensued with an upside down carriage.


The day is ending and so is Lincoln's energy level.


Can we go now?


We had so much fun, we really hated leaving.  Lucky for us we'll be back there in a couple of weeks for Christmas!  Thanks for checking back in.  Send any photography related questions to david@dasophoto.com.

P.S.  I would like to say a special Happy Birthday to my brother Chris Sowers.  He's 35 today.  He's been a huge influence in my life and taught me so much, especially about carpentry.  He has a remodeling business in Houston, TX if anyone is in the market for a remodel, Solid State Construction.  He really is the best.  Thanks Chris for everything you've shared with me, I pray you have a great birthday, I love you brother.




2 comments:

Amy said...

David this post was absolutely AMAZING until my picture popped up. REALLY?!?! I thought you weren't going to post any of me?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? ugh.

Anyway, we do love you guys so very much and we loved having you. These pictures are AMAZING! Love them so much. Thanks for posting this! xoxo

David Sowers said...

I love you Amy!