Sunday, December 11, 2011

12/11/2011 - Scout's 5th Birthday Party

Well my little girl is officially a big girl, she turned 5 today.  1/3 of the way to driving, 13 more years to college, hopefully at least 17 more years to marriage.  Its all happening so fast it hurts me inside.  I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday, and how traumatic that day was for her and for Bryony and I.  She showed that day how strong she is and I expect her to do amazing things with her life.  I love you baby girl.

Bryony did a beautiful job with all the decorations, I did the manly thing and watched women hang all kinds of pink stuff...everywhere.


And here she is, the most beautiful 5 year old on the planet, seriously.  I'm pretty sure she actually believed she was a princess for a day.


Bryony made chocolate browny mint cake pops, cupcakes and sugar cookies.  Who needs a cake, we want variety.


She couldn't wait to get in the bounce house, it was in the yard all day but we made her wait till party time!  Muahahahahaha!


Can someone help this old man push me faster.


He's not even two and he's jumping around and climbing everything, I often find him standing on top of the kitchen island, window sills, arms of the couch...I call him Captain Destructo.


Exhausted with joy.


Joyful, but not even close to exhausted.


The light was beautiful, but you could put that face in the dark and get the same result.  Can't believe she came from me.


Emma, also, actually thought she was a princess, Lincoln still jumping.


Crazy cousins.


Evy collecting as much stuff as she can.  People say her and Lincoln could be twins, you tell me.


What do you mean this isn't a costume party.


Evy not getting what she wants and Amy quite calm about the situation.


Bryden, just relaxing with his Grammy.  Not the award...the old lady.


She wasn't sure about all the other kids, and she certainly wasn't sure about the kid in the knight costume.  What would he do to a fairy?


Poppy always has a story...always.


When Josue saw there was a pinata he couldn't contain himself and when I gave him the stick he came off the benches looking to hurt it.  He didn't.


Jake did.


A little left Jake.


Don't set the cake on fire mom!  She didn't she only lit the wick on the candle.


Lincoln was more interested in eating the boxes than what was actually in them, Scout couldn't wait to get in the boxes and feed them to Lincoln.


Brandon caught this cool aerial shot, thanks Brando.


Hello kitty shirt, shoes, boots, pajamas, helmet, gum ball machine...


Handing out some thank you hugs for her gifts.


Happy with all of her new gifts.


Thanks to everyone who came, gave her a gift or not, you all made her day so so special.

No comments: