Friday, March 16, 2012

Balancing Brooms

Someone told me today that because of the Summer equinox the gravitational pull on the earth was stronger now than it is the rest of the year.  And everything is heavier now than normal.  I don't know how much truth there is to that.  He also told me that I could stand a broom up on its own...so I tried it...it worked.  See:


The kids thought it was pretty cool too:


Its not a trick, it really worked.  I couldn't believe it.  Check out how the broom in the top image is like 3 inches of the ground on one side.  This guy told me he went to Home Depot and set up like 20 brooms in an aisle and freaked people out. Try it and let me know how that works out, but I want to see photos!  Please share with me!


5 comments:

Miranda Sowers said...

Um... I think your refrigerator door is slightly ajar?

David Sowers said...

True Miranda, but did you see the brooms?

Miranda Sowers said...

I did! Mine won't do it, though. :(, so therefore, I'm not sure I believe you... Hahaha

David Sowers said...

My pastor just posted a picture on facebook of him doing it...it worked!

Lisa said...

Cool! Just for fyi - I looked up this phenomenon and found this: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/CB/20120314/LIFE12/203140330/Straw-pole-Standing-brooms-real?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|New%20York%20news|s