Friday, March 9, 2012

A Night of Creation

Last night I had the opportunity to create with a friend who's been blessed with a beautiful home and a great studio space.  As some of you know these nights typically end up mostly in conversation but some work was generated, as small as it may be.

Before I went to Matt's home I prepped a couple of screens, for screen printing, to try and print from.  Here is one of the screens shortly after being exposed and cleaned.


So here's the concept, as literal as it may be, God is everywhere.  Therefore God Is Here.  In every situation in every atmosphere...everywhere.  I chose to attempt to start this series with the most obvious of obvious, God Is Here in prayer.  I like the boldness of the phrase as well as the contrast of yellow on black and white.  It feels strong.  I don't know if the image is 100% right for the project but its a good start.


Clean up.


I also sometimes try my hand at drawing and was feeling quite inspired...so here's a piece I threw down in a sketch book.  I was feeling pretty rusty with the markers but really needed to reconnect with the paper and this was a perfect opportunity.


Since I'm staying in this vein of creativity daily, ideas, concepts and work are beginning to come to fruition.  I'm excited and can't wait to see what God is going to do with me. God Is Here.

2 comments:

brandon miraflor said...

this is so totally awesome!! I want o see more art like this on here.

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Sooooooo cool.