Thursday, March 15, 2012

Vintage Me, Vintage You - Bryony's Portrait

While I was at Brooks we would be given assignments that were somewhat generic.  Like make a natural light portrait.  Well I would always try and push that thought as far as I could.  Here I had taken a water hose and clamped it to a carport and let it spray onto the umbrella that Bryony was holding.  It was shot with available light I just modified the environment as much as I could.  Tried to make something interesting out of a simple assignment.  And look how beautiful my wife was.  She was probably 22 here. I'm headed back to Ventura for my birthday, maybe I'll try and recreate this shot while I'm there.  How's that for nostalgia?


4 comments:

brandon miraflor said...

WOW - so glad you shared your trick! - this whole time I really thought you shot this in the rain.

David Sowers said...

Brandon all you had to do was ask me!

Brooke Freeman said...

I'd have to say She is still very BEAUTIFUL!!

David Sowers said...

I would fully agree with you Brooke! I guess that kinda came across wrong. She's as beautiful today as she was then.