Sunday, January 22, 2012

Scottsdale, AZ

Well I made it to Scottsdale OK this morning.  I had to wake up at 3:15, leave by 4:15, get to the airport by 5 and leave the airport at 6:00.  It was brutal and I'm exhausted.  I've been shooting all day.  I drove all around Scottsdale today finding landscapes to shoot for some scene setters, photographed the crew setting up the stage and equipment backstage, as well as photographed a dinner.  Not the most exciting stuff to photograph, but its a nice change.  It keeps things interesting.  While photographing the dinner I got a text from my mother in law.  Its texts like this that make working on the road hard to do.


It kills me to miss moments like this in my families life.  My little boy is crashed out on my wife.  That never happens, he must have been WORE out!  I wish I could have been there.  That's the trade off for taking larger paying jobs, its a sacrifice.  I miss these moments, but I'm able to make sure that my family gets to have moments like this.  I can't wait to get back and hug that little guy.

I'm excited about this week here in Scottsdale too.  I have the opportunity to make some really cool images.  That always gets me going.  See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

A faithful dad comes back home. Ready to continue being a faithful dad.

A faithful husband's heart aches when he sees images of a loving wife holding the fort.

You are missed. Get home safely, but while you're in the ever-beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona, enjoy yourself. Time away makes your heart grow fonder.

Good job, Dad. The world needs more faithful, loyal, good mates and fathers like yourself. Just be the man God called you to be.