Monday, January 9, 2012

Textures

I often take photographs of textures for no apparent reason. I think to myself, "this would be cool hanging on a wall" or "I could drop this in the background of a photo". When I know that isn't true because I neither have the patience or the skill to do such a thing in photoshop. See I use photoshop for its original intention, to work on photos at a rather basic level. If I really wanted to mess with a photograph I would do it the traditional way, with paints and crayons and scissors and whatever else may tickle my fancy. Any of you who have seen any of my "art" could attest to that. But I digress. I can't simply take a photograph of something for the enjoyment of photographing. Why not? Does there always have to be a purpose for it. Can't it just be for the love of snapping the shutter. So just for the love of pushing the button, on my iPhone, here are some textures I shot today.  The cool thing about shooting just to shoot, is it forces your to focus on compositions and think outside the box of what you normally do.  Try it.








P.S. I got a couple of more good questions today that I am going to try and answer this week, one in particular, photographing the moon.  So keep the questions coming.


3 comments:

Tyesomething said...

I guess I'm the other way, I take a random picture just so I can mess with it in photoshop! But I think that's what separates a photographer from a graphic designer! You take the perfect shot, I take a lame shot and make it perfect!

David Sowers said...

Thats cool Tye if thats the way you work. I don't have the patience to do all of that so I do my best to get it the way I want it in camera. I did do a small amount of work to these images in photoshop express (for the iphone).

Anonymous said...

I totally do this too!