Thursday, January 19, 2012

Vintage Me Vintage You - Summer Sprinkler Day, TX

Scout and I use to love playing in our backyard in TX.  We would play soccer, catch, tag, slip n slide, anything just to get outside and run around.  On this particular hot Houston day, we set up the sprinkler to run around in.  Most of the photographs are of Scout, but rest assured I was running around in that water with her.

That may or may not all be sweat on her, Houston in brutally hot in the summer.


Bryony coming to check out what all the ruckus is about.


Fun?


What exactly is my sister doing?  Yeah at one time Lincoln had brown hair, he's pretty new here.  They are sitting on the front porch of a studio I had built in the backyard.  I actually use to be a carpenter.  The studio was really cool.


Lincoln please come play with me!  No.


She looks a little dejected here that Lincoln won't come play with her.


She quickly got over it.



Just trying to stop the sprinkler with her bottom, no big deal.


Dad put the camera down and come play with me.



I can't even express how much I love this shot on so many levels.  One of my favorite photographs that I have ever taken.


Miss those Texas summers a bit, Bryony doesn't at all.  Apparently some people hate fire ants, humidity , consistent 100+ degree days and lots of rain.  But not me.

No comments: