Monday, January 23, 2012

Scottsdale Day 2

Shooting events can sometimes become laborious.  Sometimes boring.  Sometimes mind numbing.  To break the monotony I sometimes look for images in the surroundings, or in subjects not related to the subject I'm supposed to be shooting.  So I introduce you to Ed Clay.  Ed owns a production company out of Naples, FL called EJC Productions.  He does great video work, if you're in the market.  He too gets bored with shooting the same things over and over.  So at sunset tonight Ed and I headed to the roof of a parking garage looking to shoot some vistas at sunset.  But I got better than the vistas, the light was just right to make this portrait.


I love the overall feel to this image.  I love the gleam in his eye.  I love making images like this.  Sometimes you can setup and over think an image to death.  And then sometimes the light is just there.  You cant recreate it, its free.  The moment is free.  The subject is free and everything just feels right.  This was one of those moments.  Thanks Ed.

No comments: