Saturday, January 28, 2012

Swings

When I came home yesterday Lincoln, way more than Scout, was so excited to see me.  All Scout wanted was to know if I got her a surprise or not.  I did.  I got her and Lincoln both really cool gifts:





That's just not the kind of greeting I wanted.  What  I wanted is what Link gave me.  Love and joy.  He was so happy just to see me.  He wanted me to play with him.  He wanted to snuggle with me.  He wanted to share whatever he was eating with me.  He was awesome.  So we went out in the back yard to swing.  At first I just put him in the swing:


But he wanted me to swing too.



I taught him how to lean back and look at the sky when you swing.



He thought that was pretty cool.  I love my kids and I'm so glad to be back and be near them.  Even if they only love me for the gifts.

1 comment:

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Reminds me of the T-shirt I bought my husband on Hawaii a few Father's Days ago: ATM DAD. It had every kind of ATM DAD button a kid would want on an ATM DAD.

Lincoln love. It's great to feel missed. And Scout's all girl. She missed you, too, Dad, just in a different way.

Keep swinging. The little Filipinos here don't even know the joy... Now THAT'S fun!